Sierra Vista, Arizona
Growing up in Bisbee, there wasn’t much for SuperB XC rider Beto Villegas to do but play team sports and commute on bike. His mother recalls he rode 10 miles when he was 5 years old. He got to watch Greg Lemond race in the Vuelta de Bisbee, exponentially driving his passion for cycling. At the time, Beto’s first love was baseball, which he played in college and internationally. After baseball, Beto’s love for the outdoors returned him to riding. His competitive nature kicked in and got him towing the line in road races, XC, marathon, and eventually ultra endurance events.
My greatest passion has always been to coach young athletes and to assist
and help people achieve success in their personal endeavors, while focusing on fitness, nutrition and healthy relationships, which is how Riozonora Coaching came to exist. Spending many years training with strength and fitness coaches and, most importantly with the support of my wife, made this all possible.
- Copper Harbor Fat Tire Marathon Race – 2nd singlespeed 2010
- El Paso Puzzler 50 – 2nd singlespeed; 4th overall in pro category 2010
- Whiskey 50 – 2nd singlespeed 2010
- MTB Nationals – 7th 2011
- Coconino 250 Stage Bikepack – 2 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes 2012
- MTB XC Mexico – Series Leader 2016
- MTB XC Mexico – 1st place 2018
Bike – Titanium Super-B XC
- Drivetrain – Singlespeed
- Brakes – Shimano XTR
- Fork – Fox 34 120mm
- Wheel Build – Carbon / DT Swiss 240s