Chuparosa (Spanish for Hummingbird) is designed to be a versatile trail and all-mountain titanium hardtail. With a quick but stable geometry, it is at home climbing twisty singletrack or descending fast rocky trail.
The Chuparosa can use 27.5 x 3.0 up to 29 x 2.6 wheels and tires. It’s designed to run 120mm up to 140mm forks and the rear dropout spacing is 148mm boost. The sliding dropouts mean you can run any Paragon style sliding dropouts. This makes it easy to adapt to singlespeed or to your axle and hub requirements.
The bottom bracket area has received a lot of attention to make it stiff while the rear triangle maintains that legendary Ti compliance and feel. The stout 44mm downtube is shaped to reduce flex from pedal inputs, and the result is a bike that pedals efficiently, climbs great, and accelerates into a smooth comfortable ride.
The Chuparosa is happy on 29″ tires as a fast trail bike that would give a good account of itself in an XC race. But, it’s sweet spot is on 27.5+ tires with longer travel, running through rocks, roots, and technical singletrack.
Standard Frame Features
- Construction – Light and beautifully crafted titanium
- Axle Spacing – 12mm x 148mm boost; (axle included)
- Dropouts – Sliding Paragon style
- Headtube – 44mm straight
- Bottom Bracket – Threaded 73mm BSA
- Seatpost – 31.6mm; (35mm clamp included); internal dropper compatible
- Bottle Mounts – 2-boss on top of downtube, 2-boss on bottom of downtube (sizes L and XL – 2-boss on seat post)
- Wheels/Tires – Fits 27.5″ (up to 3.0) tires ~ OR ~ 29″ (up to 2.6) tires
- Forks – Geometry supports 120mm up to 140mm
- Versatile design works for trail, all-mountain, XC, or bikepacking
Geometry numbers in millimeters. Dimensions are using an unsagged 130mm fork and 29 x 2.6 wheels and tires.
Standover measured from midpoint between seat tube and head tube.
TT Effective Length
Seat Tube Length
Seat Tube Angle
Head Tube Length
Head Tube Angle
My Chuparosa rides great and feels comfortable pedaling. I love the rigid setup. The 2.6 on the front helps soak up the bumps. It climbs really well and bombs the technical descents.
Thanks so much, again. It is a great riding and looking bike!
My Chuparosa frame is beautiful. I appreciate the little things included (Arizona Trail info, Ti paste, etc.), which show that you two are about the customer engagement. You have been great through this process!
My Chuparosa is a great platform for a fun singlespeed! The bike is great ~ I like the handling!