This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Binary Bicycles, LLC. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website, binarybicycles.com, and will describe what personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared. The notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information, what choices are available to you regarding the use of your data, and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
The Personal Information We Collect and Why
While you visit our website, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for a minimum of 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
When you are a Binary Bicycles partner or ambassador, you submit your name, address and other contact information, and information about your qualifications.
Binary Bicycles, LLC’s website is not designed with the purpose of attracting any person under age 13. Binary Bicycles, LLC does not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 13.
Who On Our Team Has Access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information such as what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent.
- Customer information such as your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What We Share With Others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
We utilize the services of multiple shipping providers including, but not limited to, FedEx, UPS, and USPS. Some of your data will be passed to these third-party providers only to the extent necessary for them to perform their services, such as your name, address and phone number.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their individual privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled.
When you leave comments on the website, we collect the data shown in the comments form. Binary Bicycles, LLC may share that information with a third party, if a third party originated the blog post.
We dislike spam, and therefore, we utilize Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect includes your IP address, user agent, referrer, and website URL (along with other information directly provided by you such as your name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you submit a contact form to initiate discussion with us, we will collect your name and email address. We may keep contact form submissions indefinitely for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes, unless you choose to receive them.
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time.
The ePrivacy directive, which has been incorporated into the EEA Agreement, requires prior informed consent for storage of and access to information stored on a user’s terminal equipment. Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like.
- Analysis purposes allowing us to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps us improve the way our website works. These cookies only identify your computer or mobile device and not you as an individual. Data for analysis is collected anonymously.
- If you leave a comment on our website, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our website, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic and to improve our website. We have enabled Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our website, not your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with Personal Data. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you have visited the other website.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except you cannot change your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Please send requests to email@example.com.
How We Protect Your Data
We take precautions and follow industry best practices to protect your information against loss, misuse, inappropriate accessibility, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), the information is encrypted and transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Data Breach Procedures
We will take reasonable measures which we believe are appropriate to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction, and, where possible, will ask that any third parties to whom we may transfer your information take comparable steps to protect that security. However, like other companies, we cannot guarantee 100% the security or confidentiality of the information you provide to us.
We are careful to protect your personal data by employing techniques such as access restrictions, encryption, pseudonymization, backups, data minimization, and employ regular testing of all these techniques.
In the event of a breach of information, we will:
- Notify the appropriate supervisory authority no more than 72 hours after of becoming aware of a breach of users’ personal data, including the number of users whose data was exposed, the nature of the breach, and what actions are being taken to mitigate its effects.
- Communicate this information to the impacted users, especially if the data breach exposed any of their unencrypted personal data.
- Consider the needs of any law enforcement investigations.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Binary Bicycles, LLC is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
If you are visiting our wsite from outside the United States, be aware that your information will be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located within the United States. The collection, use, retention and any other processing of your information will be governed by United States law and further by the specific jurisdictions within the United States where that information is stored, unless otherwise specified.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our website may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate ,and therefore, disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this website.
If you need further assistance regarding the above rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law.
Revised July 01, 2018