Maniak Order Status
Nov 28: Frames are getting the logos applied this week (the last step in the process) and they should ship to us next week!
We are looking at a potential delivery at Binary headquarters sometime during the week of Dec 19!
We remain diligent in our efforts to answer your questions as quickly as possible. Please check the “Frequently Asked Questions” section below to see if the answer to your question may already be there.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are currently expecting to receive the Maniak frames sometime during the week of Dec 19!
In order to ensure the smoothest and quickest transaction once your frame arrives, we are requesting the balance remaining on your Maniak frame be paid in full no later than November 01.
If you are an international customer, your remaining frame balance payment will not include your shipping and international duty/tax fees. We will invoice you for those additional fees once your frame is ready to ship.
Your Maniak will be provided with a dropout insert designed for a 160mm rotor. You can run up to a 203mm rotor with a post adaptor.
Any headset with a zero stack 44mm internal upper cup and a 44mm external lower cup should work just fine. Popular choices are the Chris King InSet i7 and the Cane Creek Zero Stack headsets. (We can currently source the Cane Creek 40, 70, and 110 series headsets for you.)
- Lower: EC44
- Upper: ZS44
- Stem Clamp Diameter: 28.6 Threadless
- Crown Race: 40
Your Maniak will require a 31.6mm diameter seatpost.
Your Maniak is designed to use a threaded 73mm BSA bottom bracket.
We are dealers for the following highly reputable companies:
- Endless Bikes (Kick-Ass-Cogs and Chainrings)
- Broadfork Bags (custom frame bags)
- NOBL Wheels (stellar carbon wheels)
- Spinergy Wheels (excellent carbon and alloy wheels)
Note: We are not permitted to advertise our sales price on components. Please contact us for a quote if you are interested in any of the above-listed items.
Overview & Features
“I’ve always wanted a modern hardtail that I could take on any trail and have fun. So, that’s what Binary Bicycles has built for me. But, this bike isn’t for everyone. The Maniak is designed around my belief that aggressive hardtails perform best with a 120mm fork. However, it will accommodate up to a 150mm fork for those who wish to experiment.
It’s meant to be a fast trail bike that maximizes modern geometry and modern riding technique for all-day epic rides, flow trails, or picking your way through the most technical trails on the planet. You can set it up as a super slack lightweight xc racer or an aggressive short travel enduro race bike. The Maniak is the bike I’ve always wanted if I could only have one bike, whether it’s a multi-day bikepacking ride on the Colorado Trail or a day on the steepest, most technical double black diamond trails in Squamish.” – Steve at Hardtail Party
Key Maniak Titanium MTB Frame Features
- Construction – Light and beautifully crafted titanium; no need to worry about rust
- Frame Finish – Hand-brushed frame with laser-etched logos
- Axle Spacing – 12mm x 148mm boost
- Dropouts – Sliding Paragon style; 160mm post mount; adjustable chainstay length ~ run it singlespeed or geared
- Headtube – 44mm straight; tapered fork compatible; slack 65-degree head angle when paired with a 120mm fork
- Bottom Bracket – Threaded 73mm BSA (changed from T47)
- Cable Routing – External; Internal dropper
- Seatpost – 31.6mm; internal dropper compatible; extra short seat tubes for running the longest droppers on the market
- Bottle Mounts – 2-boss studs on seatpost, 3-boss on top of downtube, 3-boss on bottom of downtube for extra storage when bikepacking
- Wheels/Tires – Fits 27.5″ (up to 3.0) tires ~ OR ~ 29″ (up to 3.0) tires
- Forks – Designed around 531mm axle to crown length; will accommodate 120mm-150mm for those who wish to experiment
- Tall stack for a comfortable riding position that doesn’t feel hunched over
- Scaled geometry where the rear center and front center grow together across sizes
- Rack mounts on seatstays for mounting a rear rack for bikepacking (rack not included)
- Tubing optimized for smooth ride compliance without being noodly
- Versatile design works for trail, all-mountain, XC, or bikepacking
Maniak Frame Geometry
Geometry numbers in millimeters.
Dimensions are using an unsagged 29er 120mm fork and 29 x 2.3 wheels and tires.
Standover measured from midpoint between the seat tube and head tube.
TT Effective Length
Seat Tube Length
Seat Tube Angle
Head Tube Length
Head Tube Angle
Chainstay Length (Fwd)
Who the Maniak Is For
- Riders who have adopted a modern technique that suits slacker bikes with a longer reach
- Riders who have steep terrain where this bike can come alive
- Bikepackers who want a bikepacking rig that’s slacker than most
Who the Maniak Is Not For
- Traditional riders who prefer to steer with the bars instead of the feet
- Riders who prefer a less stretched-out riding position
As always, contact us if you have any questions.
Introducing the Binary Maniak – Bikepacking.com
Binary’s Maniak hardtail is a titanium quiver killer – MBR (Mountain Bike Rider)