Overview & Features
The SuperB XC titanium mountain bike is the result of input from Binary Ambassadors, Chris Seistrup and Beto Villegas. Their desire was for a lighter more cross country, shorter travel version of the SuperB. Chris took his wish even further. He requested a design that could switch between a Lauf fork and a 120mm suspension fork without adverse geometry effects. As a result, the SuperB XC was born and it turned out to be shockingly fast and efficient. It should be noted, Chris took it to win the 2019 Tour Divide Mountain Bike Race.
Of course, the SuperB XC still has ample frame bag and bottle cage capacity. After all, it is designed to be a marathon and bikepacking machine! The SuperB XC is quite happy running the shorter Lauf TR Boost fork but is also at home on a 120mm suspension fork. The bottom bracket is lowered, and the steeper head angle is in keeping with its intended purpose.
Keeping versatility in mind, the frame was designed to work as both a short travel or rigid bike for smoother trails, or as a technical singletrack racer with the longer suspension fork. Headtube and seat angles remain in optimum ranges for both disciplines. This design is one to consider for someone who is looking to consolidate perhaps a gravel bike and a trail bike into one machine.
Standard SuperB XC Frame Features
- Construction – Light and beautifully crafted titanium
- Frame Finish – Hand-brushed frame with sandblasted logos
- Axle Spacing – 12mm x 148mm boost
- Dropouts – Sliding Paragon style
- Headtube – 44mm straight; tapered fork compatible
- Bottom Bracket – Threaded 73mm BSA
- Cable Routing – External
- Seatpost – 31.6mm; internal dropper compatible
- Bottle Mounts – 3-boss on top of downtube, 3-boss on bottom of downtube
(sizes L and XL – 2-boss on seat post)
- Wheels/Tires – Fits 29″ up to 2.6 tires
- Forks – Geometry supports 485mm ATC up to 120mm; 44m-51mm offset
- Versatile design works for XC, marathon, trail, or bikepacking
Standard SuperB XC Frame Geometry
Geometry numbers in millimeters.
Dimensions are using an unsagged 100mm fork and 29 x 2.6 wheels and tires.
Standover measured from the midpoint between the seat tube and head tube.
TT Effective Length
Seat Tube Length
Seat Tube Angle
Head Tube Length
Head Tube Angle
Need More Options?
Do you feel like your bike never quite fits you right and you have to adapt with various cockpit components? Does your unique riding style or environment require something a little different from our standard frame features in order to optimize your shredding experience? Then, check out our custom frame sizing and options!
As always, contact us if you have any questions.